February 14, 2019
iVascular Receives CE Mark Approval for the Navitian Coronary Microcatheter
February 15, 2019—iVascular announced that it has received European CE Mark approval for Navitian, the company’s new coronary microcatheter specifically designed for navigating chronic total occlusions.
The device is approved to exchange guidewires, inject radiopaque contrast media or saline, and facilitate, guide, and support guidewires while accessing the coronary system.
According to the company, key features of the Navitian device include:
- Internal and external conical transition
- A braided pattern for flexibility, pushability, and resistance to kinking
- Hydrophilic coating to track small and tortuous arteries
- An internal polytetrafluoroethylene-layer for facilitating guidewire movement during exchange
- 135- and 150-cm sizes and 0.014-inch guidewire compatibility